Are you looking for inspiration to update your home decoration in 2023?
Then, you landed in the right place!
While 2022 was all aboutwarm neutral colours and statement walls, 2023 will emphasise Art Deco and architectural-inspired decor!
Now, if you’ve updated your home recently, that doesn’t mean you need to start from scratch again! Some of the trends we’ve seen in 2021 and 2022, such as bringing the outdoors in and incorporating organic materials into your home, will definitely continue to ramp up this year.
Let’s review the five trends we think will be hot in 2023!
Zellige Tiles Are Migrating To The Bathroom
Zellige tiles are hand-cut mosaic tiles made from a specific clay mixture found in Morocco. They have been used for centuries to dresswalls, pools, floors, and fountains across the Western Islamic world.
Over the last year or so, Zellige tiles have become a hot trend, especially on social media, due to the refined artisan look they add to a room. The beauty of Zellige tiles is that they’re handmade. Therefore, each tile has its own story and looks like a work of art. They all have a unique way of playing with the light creating shadows and giving an elevated rustic look to a room.
Originally used for kitchenbacksplashes, experts are seeing homeowners starting to use Zellige tiles to add warmth, depth, and character to their bathrooms.
Art Deco Will Be Back In Trend
Interior designers are unanimous; there’s a shift from minimalist to more traditional and decorative styles such as Art Deco. That’s right. Hugely popular in the 1920s and 1930s, the Art Deco interior style is poised to make a comeback in 2023 but with a twist on the traditional aesthetic!
Brighter colours, geometric patterns, and ornate details will still be part of the aesthetic, but the overall 2023 art deco style will be more modern, incorporating specific elements from this unique era in a way that works for modern homeowners.
Here are some key elements you can add to your interior to give your home an Art Deco feel:
- Upscale and lush fabrics such as velvet
- Whimsical curved furniture and accessories
- Deep jewel tones like sapphire, ruby, and emerald colours
- Contrasting materials
- Trapezoidal shapes and zigzag patterns
Curves Are Still In Fashion
From hallway arches, and furniture, to accessories, and island benchtops, curves have been popular for the last couple of years, and in 2023, we will continue to see people incorporating curved elements in their interiors.
But why are curves so popular at the moment?
Well, that’s because curves are soothing and immediately create softness in a space, effortlessly turning our home into a warm and safe cocoon. But that’s not all. Curves also add a touch of elegance to a room.
Here are five fantastic ways to add curves to your interior:
- Bring a curved-end unit into your kitchen instead of opting for the traditional sharp-edged option. Another option is to invest in curved kitchen cabinets to balance the other sharp-edged kitchen features.
- If you’re renovating your space, add an arched doorway to one of your rooms to frame the entrance and enhance the look of your interior.
- Update your headboard with a semi-circular rattan or upholstered headboard to give a softer feel to your bedroom.
- Purchase a rounded sofa or a beautiful curved chaise longue. Not only will this help you cozy up your space, but your round furniture will also act as a statement piece and elevate your home.
- Buy curved accessories such as our cozy warm round fur or stylish iron wall clock to make your space feel more inviting.
Wellness Will Continue To Drive Interior Decoration Choices
Let’s be honest. The last couple of years have been challenging for many of us. Add to this the fact that we live in a fast-paced society, and it’s easy to understand why more and more people are looking to turn their homes into relaxing sanctuaries where they can unwind at the end of a long day.
And to do that, the trend in 2023 will be to incorporate elements into your home that promote self-care and relaxation.
Some things you can do to promote wellness in your home include the following:
- Adding an under-counter refrigerator to your bathroom to store your favorite bottle of wine, chilled towels, and rejuvenating beauty products for the ultimate spa-like experience.
- Creating a meditation corner.
- Buying a soaking tub.
- Installing a LED showerhead to help boost immunity.
- Purchasing a stylish white noise machine for a restful night.
- Installing a steam shower.
Sustainable Materials Will Be In High Demand
In 2023, the concept of circularity willpermeate the interior design space as designers and consumers are thinking of ways to reduce their carbon footprint. And along with making more mindful design choices, homeowners will crave a connection with nature more than ever.
This will continue to underpin the strong demand for natural materials such as rattan, bamboo, and linen. Yet, in 2023, two new elements shouldstart to surface in homes focused on sustainability;aluminum and cork. While aluminum will add beauty and character to your rooms, cork’s brown colour will immediately add an earthy and grounding feel to your space. And it wil also add texture and coziness to your home.
Now, if you decide to use aluminum for your chair or cabinetry, for instance, make sure to also incorporate wood tones to prevent a sterile aesthetic.
Looking For the Perfect Home Decor Items to Upgrade Your Home In 2023?
At the Decor House, we’ve done the groundwork for you.Our range of beautiful and trendy home decor items has been carefully curated to help you upgrade your interior without breaking the bank. Whether you’re after a beautiful statement piece for your living room, a cozy throw for your bedroom, or a trendy decor item for your bathroom, we have what you need, so don’t hesitate to browse our range.